Botanical Bio - Butchers broom
Ruscus aculeatus, also called Butchers broom, is a perennial herb growing to 1.5 m tall. It produces several green rigid stems (rhizomes) that sprout from an underground stem. The fruit is a red berry with one to two seeds. It is mainly rich in Saponins, Flavonoids, Quercetin and Rutin. We have selected a Butchers broom Glycerinated Extract with a 1:3 ratio. This means that for each gram of Extract we have used 3 grams of fresh plant. Our Butchers broom Glycerinated Extract is titrated in Ruscogenin 15 mg/ml, providing 0,06 mg per day.
|Ingredient||Quantity per day|
|Butchers broom BIO Glycerinated Extract*
Ruscus aculeatus L. Ratio 1:3
Ruscogenin 5 mg/ ml
*Certified organic. Without colouring, preservatives, sweetener or sugar added.
How to use
Take 1 ml (approximately 28 drops) diluted in a glass of water three times a day, preferably before main meals.
50ml glass bottle (1,75 fl oz).
One of the primary advantages of our formulation is the use of standardized extracts. This means that the active plant ingredients that provide medicinal properties are always the same. In the case of Ruscus, more commonly known as Butchers Broom, its titration in Ruscogenin ensures a constant daily dose of 15 mg. In addition, we have selected a Butchers Broom glycerinated extract with a ratio 1:3. This means that for each gram of extract we have used 3g of plant
The advantages of vegetable glycerin based extracts with respect to other solvents like water or alcohol are as follows:
- The active plant ingredients are not affected.
- Vegetable glycerin promotes the homogeneous distribution of active ingredients throughout the product.
- Vegetable glycerin delays oxidation; therefore preservatives are not needed.
- Vegetable glycerin is the only solvent that preserves the natural flavor derived from the plant.
- Glycerin has a low glycemic index and therefore breaks down sugars slowly. This way, we avoid blood sugar spikes.
- Vegetable glycerin is a natural humectant that absorbs moisture. This property facilitates cellular dehydration without damaging the overall plant protein structures.
Our Butchers Broom Glycerinated Extract is certified organic. This certification ensures that our crops are grown, harvested and processed under the most strict certification standards. The absence of chemical additives preserves the properties of the native plant.
High Quality Bottle
Drasanvi has chosen to use a special glass bottle. This is an opaque bottle, characterized by preventing the passage of visible light spectrum. This protects the products from oxidation, so our glycerinated extracts are kept in perfect condition for longer periods of time.