Botanical Bio - Artichoke
Artichoke plants are perennials and often cultivated as food. Artichoke leaves are known to contain a complex array of bioactive components including Caffeoylquinic Acids (CQA) and their derivatives, including Cynarine and Chlorogenic acid. They also contain Flavonoids, Sesquiterpenic Lactones, Mucilages, Essential Oils, Phytosterols and Triterpenoids, Vitamins A, B2 and C, and Potassium and Magnesium salts. These bioactive components, present in the leaves, are highly concentrated during the first year of life growth. We have selected an Artichoke Glycerinated Extract with a 1:8 ratio. This means that for each gram of Extract we have used 8 grams of dried artichoke leaves. Our Artichoke Glycerinated Extract is titrated in Cinaryne 5 mg/ml, providing 15 mg per day.
|Ingredient||Quantity per day|
|Artichoke BIO Glycerinated Extract*
Cynara scolymus L. Ratio 1:8
Cynarine 5 mg/ ml
*Certified organic. Without colourings, preservatives, sweetener or sugar added.
How to use
Take 1 ml (approximately 28 drops) diluted in a glass of water three (3) times a day, preferably before main meals.
50ml glass bottle (1,75 fl oz).
One of the primary advantages of our formulation is the use of standardized extracts. This means that the active plant ingredients that provide medicinal properties are always the same. In the case of Artichoke, its titration in Cynarine ensures a constant daily dose of 15 mg. In addition, we have selected an Artichoke glycerinated extract with a ratio 1:8. This means that for each gram of extract we have used 8g of plant.
The advantages of vegetable glycerin based extracts with respect to other solvents like water or alcohol are as follows:
- The active plant ingredients are not affected.
- Vegetable glycerin promotes the homogeneous distribution of active ingredients throughout the product.
- Vegetable glycerin delays oxidation; therefore preservatives are not needed.
- Vegetable glycerin is the only solvent that preserves the natural flavor derived from the plant.
- Glycerin has a low glycemic index and therefore breaks down sugars slowly. This way, we avoid blood sugar spikes.
- Vegetable glycerin is a natural humectant that absorbs moisture. This property facilitates cellular dehydration without damaging the overall plant protein structures.
Our Artichoke Glycerinated Extract is certified organic. This certification ensures that our crops are grown, harvested and processed under the most strict certification standards. The absence of chemical additives preserves the properties of the native plant.
High quality bottle
Drasanvi has chosen to use a special glass bottle. This is an opaque bottle, characterized by preventing the passage of visible light spectrum. This protects the products from oxidation, so our glycerinated extract are kept in perfect condition for longer periods of time.